Monday, February 1, 2010

Back in SC

So we arrived back in Aiken yesterday. I think it was about 45*.  It is sad that I found that to be absolutely freezing!  After wearing shorts for 2 weeks it has been a bit hard to adjust back to jackets!. 

The last few days in fl were amazing! We went to the WEF and did some classes. The ponies were perfect, we missed the ice storm here, and I learned that I could not be a jumper groom.  I love having a ride time. It makes planning way easier. Its not hey classes starts at this time and we can go whenever until X time and o wait they are holding the class because of a conflict with x rider/trainer/owners time frame.  So while it was  fun. I give mad props to the grooms that deal with the ever changing days at the shows. 

My horse is coming tomorrow and our first show is Full Gallop on the 10th.  I can not wait! I have to memorize my dressage test and all that fun stuff, but I thought that I would just say thanks to all the people that have helped me get to this point. 

Peggy-for being my first ever trainer and getting me around my first ever event! 
Dana and Steph- for helping me find/buy Sam. my perfect pony! 
Ashley- for teaching me all the finer points of grooming, and teaching me to braid and helping me at Sams first event. 
Holly- who helped me realize to many things to list, and for giving me the opportunity to work for her. 
Jenn and Kate- for all of the opportunities, the job, helping me with sam, sam with me, all of the life advice, helping me stop being my worst enemy, giving me tools, and for a million other things that would take hours to list! 
My family- for always being supportive of my "horse" life style! 

and everyone else who has helped me along the way. I still have a long way to go, but I think it is important to appreciate the help you get at every stop on a journey! 

I am off to run errands and continue my education. and counting down the hours until Sam gets here tomorrow! 

<3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment