Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Full Gallop Farm HT!

So this week has been an interesting one! I had an incident that involved a pair of clippers and my horse.... he got about 3/4 of the way clipped when it became so dark. I literally could not see where I had and hadnt clipped. So I gave up. Sam looked terrible. poor guy. So the next night I borrowed these LED spotlights from Katie (who is a life saver) to finish clipping. It was quite hilarious. I literally had a light in one hand and my clippers in the other. Sam was perfect. just chilled in the cross ties with the insanely bright light for a bit. after the clipping fiasco. Jenn gave me the plan for today, which included me driving Sam to FGF. I have never driven the big rig and I am not going to lie the first time I drove the truck it kind of terrified me. So me being me was more nervous about driving then I was about riding. (maybe Jenn had some different motives here) So after getting everything set I was off. with Sam on the trailer. I loved it! The truck is a beast. It pulls great and was super easy to drive. (crisis averted.) After getting there I was off to the dressage arena. and wow! what a different horse I had. He was so perfect. I could not have asked for a better test. He is still a but inconsistent but it is getting there. He was super in SJ. we had a cheap rail. but I am not super worried about it. (I had only jumped him once since he got down here!) we scratched XC and headed home. His next outing is paradise and I could not be more excited! he is really going to impress the judges this spring! My parents drove over from GA and were super supportive! (considering the weather) it was great to see them! my dad got some video of sam sj which i will post soon!

Off to do more algebra HW!

No comments:

Post a Comment