Tuesday, January 26, 2010

let the gallops begin!

So as I sit down to write this. the only word that comes to my mind is really???? Keep reading. I promise you will get it! 

I started the day discovering a text from Kate explaining that my dog had attempted to escape the apartment in Va and had damaged a door. This is very unlike my dog in many ways, however she use to be able to let herself out of the apt, but then the door was fixed. So I believe that this will be a one time thing. well at least my bank account hopes so!!! After getting to the barn to find all the ponies anxiously awaiting breakfast, I found out we had extra time.  That was exciting, so I took a deep breath and chilled out. (hearing about little A had me pretty wound up! shocking I know). So off we went to Lauren's.  After we finished there Jenn asked me if I would join her and Mara galloping.  and of course I said yes!!! When I arrived I found out we were galloping on a steeple chase track. What is every eventers dream.... Galloping on a beautifully manicured track!!! (Ill check that off my list) So off we went. Phillip, Mara, Jenn, and I.  I rode JB, who is totally perfect in every way... seriously! Riding JB helped calm my nerves....(Hello.. PD???Mara??? and Jenn yikes!!!)We started off at the trot together and spacing out for our gallops.  Jenn and I stayed together.  After our first set, where I made a comment about how much fun JB must be XC. I mean man that horse has an amazing gallop! we headed off again.  About 3/4 of the way through. We got passed and JB lit up! I almost got left in the dust. (not sure if that's what it looked like!!) anyways off JB and I went. it took some doing but we got stopped and started our hacking.  Phillip passed me again and asked if I was okay. What else do you say but yea of course! I mean it might have been unplanned and a bit fast... but it sure was fun!!! needless to say there was a massive amount of jokes at my expense today about our little galloping adventure. Apparently JB and I won the Preakness today. we passed everyone on the track!!! I still stand by my comment. Jenn is lucky! He has a great gallop and an amazing personality.  However I think the best part was a small group of people happened to be there playing with their dogs asked me if I had done that on purpose!! I just smiled shook my head and said no. with a small laugh at this point. Once we got back to the barn I was busy with afternoon chores.  somehow in this madness my cell phone took a dive out of my pocket and into a water bucket.  I literally stared at the bucket and said REALLY?!??!?! after fishing it out and then taking it apart to let it dry. it still wasn't working. After I finished up and tucked the ponies in for the night I headed home and have been trying to blowdry my phone.  It hasn't worked yet, but heres to hoping it does! 

Hopefully tomorrow will be less exciting, the ponies will be just as perfect, and I will have a working phone!
More later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment