Sunday, January 24, 2010

fl take one!

So we have had an amazing week here in fl. There has been lots to see. I had my first gator sighting the other day and have decided that is enough of the wildlife sightings for me.  The farm we are staying at is simply gorgeous! we get to hack along the canals. (which are everywhere) it is great fun and a good way to meet other riders.  We enjoyed a night at the south Florida fair, where I learned about fair etiquette, which I didn't follow! Apparently it starts with a corn dog, then some BBQ (nobody beats a good ole NC BBQ sandwich.. with slaw of course!) and you finish with a cinnamon roll.  And of course you have to see the Pig races, the livestock expos and ride some rides! I started off with a gyro and some fried everything! followed by a funnel cake and a few bites of a cinnamon roll. I did ride some rides, I did regret the funnel cake at that point! and saw the pig races.. hilarious! I wanted to be a pig rooter. but apparently I didn't jump around and scream loud enough. o well. next year? and the live stock expos were awesome we saw rabbits, chickens, and baby cows! I cant wait for our return trip here next year! 

I am starting to realize how small the world is. The farm we are at has multiple barns, and we share an outdoor wash rack with a show jumper.  It turns out that one of her grooms use to work with a friend of mine at a jumper barn in NC.  Then today I went to lunch at Panera to write my english paper and I ran into another event rider! its just crazy. my world is getting smaller all the time! 

Im off to finish my paper that I am procrastinating! and some pool time! have to take advantage of the 80* pool while I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment