Monday, July 19, 2010

a vacation and a change.


So I should start this out by saying its been a long time! I got a bit caught up with everything that life has been throwing my way and forgot about this! but I promise to be better with the updates....

So as the spring season came to a close I chalked up some awesome dressage scores, some ribbons and another TE on sam. Through no fault of his own... (I missed a jump in the SJ... whooopps) Overall I am so pleased with him. I am really starting to enjoy doing circles... I am not 100% sure what the fall has in store for us! (more on that later). After sams season ended I headed up to Bromont with Jenn for the CCI***. It was a bittersweet weekend as it was my last weekend with Jenn. Both of her horses were amazing!! and I enjoyed every minute of being there. I would like to say thanks to Jenn for the amazing experiences I had while being there. She is such an amazing horse person and taught me and Sam so much. I had to make a big decision because of school, that silly piece of paper! I have discovered I am much more of an in class person, and less of an on line person. So had to make a small change of plans, and will be the first to admit that I did get a bit teared up on tuesday morning after I got up, and must admit to have been a bit lost, but my family came straight to the rescue and asked me to join them for 10 days in Yosemite... I had a great time stacking rounds, cooking smores, rafting, and seeing old friends! My family is always supportive of the choices I make, and I am so thankful!!! So the great debate was on cooking or horses and how to juggle school! Decisions decisions. WELL to make a long story short I am doing a bit of everything. groom by day. waitstaff by select nights and weekends and student on mondays and wednesdays.... Yikes... busy busy busy.... I just started at Blue clover eventing owned by Valerie Vizcarrondo. Sam will be arriving later this week and I can not wait to get back on him... he got a bit of a break between bromont and vacation. I will keep everyone update on all the behind the scenes happening here at Blue clover eventing, my crazy experiences, and the adventures of sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment