Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the illness. and a bit of growing up to be had.

as many of my close friends already now the life of Lara is always hysterical. Seriously I hear myself sometimes and all I can think of is really??? .... Recently many people ask me why I groom?? Why work a zillion hours have no chance at a real social life and be okay with it?. The answer is simple I LOVE IT. Hands down I have the best job ever. yes its not 5 days of 9 to 5 its 6 days of 7 till whenever. but I love it. I get up everyday excited to have my job and sometimes life isn't perfect. Mine is far from it. but I have the greatest boss, the best group of friends to share my opps moments with and an amazing horse who is finally starting to grow up. So next time someone asks me why, the answer is simply this because I LOVE every second of my life. happiness. what more could you ask for?

Recently I have had to make many grown up decisions! and let me tell you those are not so fun! I gave my dog away. As many of you already know I love my dog more than life itself. I saved her from the pound when she could fit in the palm of my hand. It was odd like I was ment to have her. but thats a whole different story! this winter i made a decision to leave her in va because it was too hard for her to be here. She has some separation anxiety issues and while I have been gone they amplified and became quite destructive. I made a very tough decision to give her to a family that had someone home all the time that would not travel every weekend and sometimes for a few months. As sad as it is she has a great new family and a home that I could not give her. (yup being a grown up blows sometimes!) as that chapter ends another one begins i guess! there are so many new and exciting things changing! I will keep everyone posted to the latest developments!

On a much more positive exciting note! Jenn had 2 great runs at advanced at sopo this weekend! It was a bit hectic on thursday and friday, but I am working on those time management and assorted groom skills and must say the horses looked pretty amazing this weekend! It was such a special thing to be a part of. I can not wait for the upcoming season!! The only bummer of the weekend is I seem to have caught "the aiken illness" as it has been dubbed. the illness is this wonderful head cold. Let me tell you not so fun! however after some nyquil and assorted other drugs things seem to be on the up and up! I am finally able to breathe without coughing. mostly. it is entertaining when Im trying to have a serious conversation and can't get out 2 words without a coughing fit. Tomorrow means a return trip to Va to drop off all the jumps and some of the extra gear. Then back to SC for a few days and then the real move back home happens. via the fork. and then for me on to plantation with sam the next weekend. I will keep you posted. until next time I will try to have both feet planted firmly on the ground. <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment