Saturday, July 24, 2010

HOT HOT HOT...

So the temps have been hitting record highs. and well my car which just crossed the 200K line decided it would be a great time to let the ac die. I am not totally disheartened by the whole situation as when I do finally get in the AC, I get a bit chilled. What can you do? A new car is a bit low on the priority list at the moment.

However I got to go pick up Sam on Thursday and he is certainly enjoying all the green grass he can eat and a stall with a fan where he sleeps away the hot afternoons! He is however not enjoying being put back into work. He is going to start at Camp Valerie on monday (hes excited about that... secretly!). He has been very good and is enjoying some long hacks and light trot sets. This week was filled with some exciting happenings at Blue Clover. Valerie Fred and I went to his first cross country schooling, and he was such a super star! He is coming right along and I can't wait to watch this horse at his first event! Valerie and Richard took a mini Vacay this week, so I spent some quality time with all the ponies. The super star was certainly Charm, but the others were stars as well! Morris and I have been bonding and he is certainly a character. He is very easy to love on, and I have been known to sneak him a few carrots here and there. I also got to spend some quality time with gunsmoke (the BCE mascot!) who is adorable! and hysterical. He has quite a few toys, his favorite being skunky, and he gets very into playing (perhaps a video of this in the future) it is quite funny as sometimes he does a bit of a sliding stop and takes out various rugs and what not with him, he also plays some mean tug of war!

Sam has some big decisions coming up! He needs one more placing to qualify for the AECs and we are hoping to run him at the end of August to get it. This however totally depends on him, he needs to be a bit more confident at the jumps as I have been slacking on my piloting skills recently and while he makes up for them I can't expect him to forever! So we are going to do some boot camp to hopefully work out these issues and come out on the other side as a better team!

No comments:

Post a Comment