Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bdays. bulls. and xc schooling.

This week has been one full of planning and adventures. Sam started camp valerie, and well I did too! The ponies have been super this week. Charm has been learning to jump and she is super cute over fences. (check out http://www.blueclovereventing.com for more details!) Freddie Mac has been taking some field trips out and about and hes going to be a cross country star. I took some awesome video (if I do say so myself) but must admit to not being able to decide to watch through the screen or above it, and my filming might be all over the place as a result! whoops! Tori has been learning that the less dirty she is the less scrubbing there is... or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part. Morris went to KOCs and has been working hard getting ready for Millbrook!!! Sam has been practicing his circles and we have tweaked my position to help keep Sam in better balance. were hoping to show off at DRPC... Since we have sams next outing picked out, we decided to sharper our jumping skills as well..

Sam jumped around the indoor at FCF like a pro on thursday as a bit of a refresher course before xc schooling at morven. Morris Freddie Mac and Sam all had a romp around Morven Park on friday and wow!!! They were all perfect! but I will only brag about Sam. he acted like a seasoned pro. We jumped around did some mini courses, and just worked on keeping him soft and straight. sounds easy, right? Sam made me a super proud mom. Which reminds me.....

So today's my birthday and Valerie and Richard took me out to dinner last night. since today had a pretty packed sched. Anyways. I digress... I ordered my drink first and got IDed.. (shocking I know) The waitress looked at my ID for all of 5 seconds before declaring that she had never seen one like that before (its from ga not another country) and that I wouldnt use a fake because I was out to eat with my RENTS.... Yikes... well I was beside myself with shock and could only muster. They aren't my parents... I did feel quite bad as she spent the rest of the night apologizing. We went to Cadillac Ranch for some drinks and live music. Valerie and Rachel convinced me to ride the bull.... (vids on facebook)... Its actually alot of fun... and certainly harder than it looks... not to say that I have skills but most people were falling off in about 10 seconds or less. I was pretty content with my 45ish seconds. enough with my shenanigans...its back to the pool for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment