Tuesday, August 10, 2010

millbrook.

Last week ended with a big trip up to millbrook with morris (clifton jade) and freddie. I think I am getting ahead of myself allready! On tuesday we headed to OCET so valerie and morris could have another show jump school before millbrook. I was so impressed with the facility. not that i expected anything less. and morris jumped around like a rock star!!! as this was my first trip down to OCET I was introduced to everyone there, it felt a bit like being the new kid on the block... but I always enjoy watching other riders since I think you can learn something from everyone. and when someone's getting a lesson all the better. sometimes you go OOOO thats what "insert name here" was talking about. I have had a few of those recently as things that people have said to me in the past that made no sense at the time are flooding back with wooow thats what she/he ment. I love when that happens because then I have figured out another piece to the never ending puzzle. Sam had a light week because he needed some new nikes. (many thanks to angus for keeping all the horses at BCE shod) so we had a very productive flat on wednesday. Working on him staying straight and supple. Hes finally starting to figure it out. Then I was off to eat with my dad who had a layover in DC. I always enjoy when he comes since I don't get to see him as much as I would like. Sadly my car started trying to overheat so it is now sitting in the shop hoping to get a clean bill of health soon.

Thursday we left for millbrook bright and early and arrived there and unpacked just as it started down pouring rain, luckily we all stayed dry!!! The ponies all went for a bit of hand grazing and Freddie got to explore the grounds. Freddie came this weekend to hang out and see what this event thing was all about! Morris ran in the OP since it was his first outing since the CCI** at Bromont. He was very fun to watch as he did not seem the least bit concerned with any off the jumps on xc! Freddie was a super star as well. He got lounged all over the show grounds just so he could have a look around and got ridden in all the different warm ups! It was a fun weekend for me as well, I got to see Robin (who I lived with in aiken) for the first time since leaving for jersey fresh! (I am not going to lie I think that was the highlight) Robins horse is also named sam and is equally as adorable as my sam. We had a safe trip back to MD after morris left all the poles in there cups but I must say I was sad to miss the games demo and the advanced show jumping (I had to settle for some eventing nation stalking instead)....

I am off to memorize my dressage test (since I have had silly errors in my last 3! ... yikes) I had really better get on top of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment