Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gearing up for the area 2 championships.

So as the original game plan for the year has dissolved. I think I can remember the day it happened, or maybe just when I realized that i was in fact not making it to the training 3 day (again). It was a good and a bad day. I realized that my horse had some big set backs this spring (not shipping well to aiken), and that it was unfair to ask him to move up and then try and get qualified. So i took a few steps back and looked at what it might take to get him someplace for some more positive experiences, and it turns out he qualified for the Beginner Novice Championships. This was a total accident, since he had not been out in about 8 months we decided to do a low key BN before going back to Novice, and he won it. So after his summer vacay he has been back in work for about a month, and is ready to go to the big BNCH! The past weeks we have been mixing it up with flat schools, jump schools, some cross country schooling, trot sets, and hacks. Sam has been totally game since his vacay and I am quite excited about the weekend!

BCE had another great week. As always Morris was Mr. Perfect, and had some great goes! I always love getting to watch Morris jump as he loves his job, and I always learn something. Charm has been stepping up to the plate and shows great form over fences. She is turning out to be quite the fancy little horse! Freddie has been so grown up. He has been jumping courses and looks like a total pro. He is so fun to watch because you can just tell hes going to be something BIG one day. He just has this thing about him.

This week Valerie and I took Freddie and Sam to Waredaca for there open schooling day. I ran into some people I knew from Middleburg, and it was so great to see them! (sometimes its nice to see a familiar face! and one you use to see everyday.) the ponies were superstars!! I am going to brag about sam because wow! he was just taking me right on down to the fences, sometimes it was a bit hard to remember to actually ride because I kept thinking to myself wow I can't believe this is really my horse!!!! It was good practice for the weekend, because we got to put some small courses together and work on galloping and then setting up. Freddie was phenomenal. He jumped the Novice log into water straight away ears pricked like it was no big thing! He jumped around most of the Novice course and just got it. Hes so fun to watch as he just seems to pick them off!

On a non horse note, I landed an awesome part time job at a locally owned restaurant in Annapolis. It is so fun, and I didn't realize how much I missed being in the kitchen. (funny how that works!) and I am looking forward to starting class next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment