Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So much to be thankful for


Thanksgiving is just wrapping up, and now I am counting down the days until christmas, moving south, and the start of show season! This time of year I am always reminded of how much I have to be thankful for.

My dad for being supportive, even though he still wishes I would finish school and get a real job! It means the world to me that he was able to see me at the Training 3day, all smiles at the finish, but mostly because of the hug, him walking my horse in the D box, and letting me know he was just as nervous at the start of A as I was. The rest of my family, for everything. They constantly remind me that I am so blessed.

Thankful that I get to ride horses everyday, even the ones that aren't always fun. They have all taught me something, made me stronger, more confident, ready to face my next challenge. My friends, who have pushed me, answered my panicking phone calls, celebrated my victories, as well as my defeats, and through the whole thing kept me being positive, keeping me on my journey. To the people who have helped me with my riding, I have grown so much this year because of all of you. I learned how to gallop, how to fly, and how to make my horse dance. To everyone that has had some impact on my life this year big or small, thank you! I am looking forward to the next year, and the journey that brings.

Which reminds me, I haven't announced my winter plans. I am headed to Georgia on the 6th, to spend 3 weeks with my family, and my ponies. Then I am off to Ocala until the fork HT in April! I could not be more excited, I am looking at events to enter, and have some new goals for myself.

I hope that everyone enjoyed way to much turkey, some eggnog, and lots of time with family and friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment