Thursday, November 17, 2011

What happened to summer?

Well the show season is finally all wrapped up, and I must say it went off with a bang! I was not super excited about the snow at va horse trials, however they handled it well. Even after my slight panic about moving the intermediate xc which ended up being perfect, since at 8am Saturday Laura may or may not have had a phone call saying we should pack up since it was snowing in October. Honestly it was just wrong.

The next weekend was a blast, tailgating at rubicon, where I may or may not have been caught in the act! And then finally the final event of the season at Kelly's Ford. It was fun to be apart of there first ever event, and I'm always excited about new venues.

The highlight of all of this for me was my first experience fox hunting.  What a blast! After 5 hours out in the field, first field no less, I was excited to be at the potluck. I am now trying to convince pat to let me ride in a point to point this spring. I mean I can gallop in company now right? I'll keep everyone posted as to how that one pans out. No promises or anything...

Lena is fresh off her 3 week vacation and has started hacking (i almost forgot how much I love riding her... Almost) North is looking forward to the start of his eventing career, and Ned is starting his new post wannabe race (pony) career, with lots of hacking, some trotting and lots of cookies (he's perfect after all)

We are starting to get organized as the great migration is happening much earlier this year! Lena, North, and I will be headed down to ga to spend some time with my family.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment