Friday, May 6, 2011

someone pinch me...


The past few weeks have been crazy. If you asked me 3 weeks ago, where I would be now, It would be moved in, unpacked and settled, with a few more purchases.. to name a few. Life has a way of not being exactly how you plan it, but sometimes thats almost sweeter. Instead I have been looking at too many places to live, most of which were rejected upon walking through the door... sometimes just opening it... getting moved to the awesome apt I did finally find! trying horses, buying a horse (more on that later), driving to raleigh, driving back, taking finals, enrolling in and testing into summer classes(apparently they don't like my culinary school credits...), truck shopping, spending lots of time with great friends, and running into a million and one different people...

At the end of the day while I wish the list was finished, it isn't, but it will be. I have been very lucky, North is in a week of boot camp with Mara, (I felt like a parent sending her kid to school... so nervous!) I have never put a horse in training before, but I felt that with the move and everything that this would be the perfect time to send him. I wanted to make sure I was heading down the right path with him, as he is not my type of horse so to speak. I adore him to pieces but sometimes feel like we are on the opposite pages when it comes to work. He tries his heart out for me, but sometimes I don't think I am asking the right questions! Mara has been amazing, I ask a million questions, and attempt to watch her ride everyday, she is such an amazing rider (I feel inspired just watching her), and totally willing to answer all of my million questions. I am very excited to have him back in a few days and I can't wait to have her continued help in the future!

and Lady in Red aka Lena arrived sometime in the middle of the night wed. She is awesome!!! I think it was love at first sight for me.. something about the red with the white face. She has been settling in and I am busy trying to pencil in some shows this spring... and a HUGE thank you to everyone that helped me find her, and get her here!!!

I have my last final tomorrow, one truck to look at, horses to ride, a barn to finish organizing, and the rest of my stuff to move down from annapolis....

then the list looks just about finished. <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment