Friday, May 27, 2011

pack.unpack.repack.


I have spent most of my life flying under the radar, most people don't know this, but deep down I am pretty shy. So
this whole process of starting out on my own, has been eye opening, to say the least. I have been very lucky to have the support that I do, and people that have helped me spread the word, so far, so good!!!

Where to start, I have been to Jersey and the VA CCI* grooming (congrats to Laura Vello on her 3rd place finish at VA!!) , It was a blast! I feel as though all I have done is dump the clothes in the wash and put them directly back in the suitcase. (people might be starting to think I only own 5 shirts... ) The spring season is winding down, and I have 2 more trips planned, before a small much need vacation to cali! (heres to hoping the snow melts...) and then the planning for the fall...

Class is in full swing, depending on how you look at it I am either 1/3 or 1/2 way done! I will be glad to finish up with school this fall. While it has taken me seemingly forever, (trust me I agree!!!) school has not been my main focus for a while (silly horses), and taking a year and a half off just added to the seemingly never happening graduation, but no fear it is in my sights, and I am crossing the t's and dotting the i's on my last classes, with the hopes of continuing on after Dec... The back up plan is a Masters in Econ. (and it never hurts to get a head start!) plus. hands down I can cook better than you. (not to brag or anything). so maybe that degree has a few perks too!

The ponies have been settling in, and we have been figuring each other out. alot. Mara has been very helpful with North, he is becoming quite the little DQ, and will be doing some local shows this summer, and some HT's this fall. Lena and I are learning. It has been a while since I have had a horse that was started by someone else, so I ask things she says WHAT YOU SAY?!??!?! but those moments are getting smaller and fewer and further between. She is aimed at Surefire and then possibly MD I. and dare I say the training three day at Waredaca this fall. (there I said it). The ponies and I are looking forward to more lessons! I'm thinking circles, they are thinking jumping. (so we shall have to see who wins that one. )

The days are getting busier, longer, and increasingly more humid, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment