Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Aiken recap...




After being home in Maryland for a day, and attempting to catch up on laundry, school, and the like. I guess it is time to fill everyone in on the last two months of life in the south. I will try to keep it short!

Most of you may wonder how many blondes you can have in a barn... i think 4 might be the max. thankfully between all of us, we did not fall victim to too many blonde moments....

North has grown up leaps and bounds. I am very excited about his future! My dad had the opportunity to come see him and informed me that 'I was not allowed to sell a horse that jumped like that.' sadly that doesn't mean he is paying the bills. I did try though! North will hopefully be making his competition debut soon. I need to get him out xc schooling before I make plans for that. He did hang out at the fork, and took it all in like a seasoned pro! I was able to get the same rideability in the ring as I could back in Aiken.

All the other ponies were stars, Morris made his big advanced debut in the states, and smarty has been out and about. (and body clipped.. much to his dismay.) Smarty and Morris are headed to Fair hill in 2 weeks, after some circle practice at Morven Park this weekend. The young horses all made a big splash at Full Gallop with Buttons and Splash having stellar rounds!!! Splash even came home with a pretty blue ribbon, not bad for her first event...

The other ponies went on a ton of field trips. and are all looking forward to starting their spring season shortly!

On the other hand I had some interesting experiences as I learned more about how to fix cars... and that doxy is by far the harshest antibiotic around. I now have a healthy amount of respect for my horses when they are on it! It was all I could do to be at work and function (difficult things I know!)... and finally that pro thing at the fork.. all I am willing to say is that a shred of dignity may have been lost there...

The exciting news is that I am almost done with school.. Finally. 7 more classes. and that I will hopefully be adding to the string soon. (not that it is to hard because I only have 1! )

I swear that I will get better at updating and possibly find a hobby... (besides horses? I am open to suggestions here)

Lara


No comments:

Post a Comment