Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In barns and jogs

Morris and I headed up to fair hill yesterday to do in barns. The day started with an early ride on Sam. He was perfect. He is one seriously fancy dressage pony. After giving him lots of cookies and telling him I would see him in a few days, I was off to kaleidscape. Morris decided to get extra dirty! Just because someone told him he wouldn't get to roll in mud for a few days! After some bathing we were off! Upon arriving after taking some awesome narrow back roads (thank you gps!) We headed over for our in barns. They looked over morris gave us the thumbs up and our number. 45 out of 60. I settled morris in and got straight to unloading. I don't think I have ever been more thankful that Vals trunk is on wheels! Morris enjoyed his meal while I organized the pile. After that shennagins morris and I took a walk around the other side of the road. He thought that the xc jumps in the middle of the dressage arena were more interesting than anything else! This morning Valerie met me at the barn to ride morris before the riders meeting. Morris settled right in! Then it was up to me to braid bathe and get him looking in top form for the jog. We headed over to the jog and thank goodness walked away with the only word you want to hear ACCEPTED! Shortly after I had to head back to Alexandria for an economics class. I will be back at fairhill bright and early tomorrow with more updates! Morris does dressage Friday morning. So tomorrow I can walk course and stalk the competition. It looks like a tough group but I know morris is ready for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment