Thursday, September 30, 2010

better late than never.

the past month. give or take. has been a whirlwind. with many long trips, hours staring at homework. midterms. o ya. and almost no time on a horse.

I should start out by saying that the weekend of the area championships, I decided that it would be a grand idea to have a small accident. sadly this is the lamest story and the truth. I fell in a hole moving a bale of hay. a few hours later I was nonweight bearing. (small problem when you spend all your hours on your feet!) so off to see another ortho. thank goodness it was only a sprain and a strained tendon! (in the first set of xrays they saw a possible break!) It was a tad bit of a relief. but the doc said a boot, too which I replied. well I work at a horse farm I just dont see how that could possibly work. insert look of disbelief from doc here. needless to say I got a brace that basically only let me walk and not put to much stress on my ankle. but no riding(or running) until I could do a list of exersices. bummer!

Next thing I knew we were headed to Richland! for fred's first outing and Morris's first Intermediate back. Richland was so much fun! many thanks to all the people that pitched in to give me an extra hand! as certain things were quite limiting with being a one foot wonder. Morris put in a good dressage test, and was so amazing to watch xc! he just loves his job. every time I watch him go it makes me appreciate him more! Show jumping was not quite what we had planned but the course was quite tricky and jumps were falling down across all the levels. Fred was a little star! he was on a pro am team for PRO. (that ended up winning) but for his first go I dont think we could have asked for a better place or outcome! he finished fourth on his dressage score! you could tell he was green, but he is so cute about it, i love watching fred grow up! all in all the weekend was a huge success!

Our next outing was the AECs, but we had a quick stop at a PVDA dressage show before hand. Morris keeps getting better and better! he was the high score at 2nd level for the show! and won both his classes! go morris go!!! and off to the AECs we went. I was so excited to go, I use to live in GA, and my rents still do. Morris was super in the dressage! and then had an unfortunate moment xc and put in a solid sj. it was a great weekend, filled with lots of hanging out with old friends! lunch with my family, and lots of great riding. I love watching it is a mini education. and i almost forgot... we debuted the new quartermark! courtesy of arts and crafts night! check out the blue clover eventing facebook page for pics

The next weekend we headed to a local show with Fred! He won the dressage! which was pretty amazing, because there was a horse galloping around in warm up! Fred kept his cool the whole time ( huge thing for such a baby! ) Fred was awesome in the show jumping, because he seemed to just get the whole o were jumping a course thing! go fred go! he had a green moment xc which I didnt see which kept him from claiming the blue. (thats okay he told me back at the trailer that hes got his sights on it for morven) Freddie's owners the Ellis family came to see him go, (and feed him cookies (he told me to say that too!) ) The girls got there first rides on Foxy, (the mini bike) which looked like a blast. We are all looking forward to Fred and Morris having great rides at morven.

Whew what a past few weeks! I have to give a big huge THANKS!!! to valerie for keeping sam going for me I started riding about a week ago. I rode the first time on a friday and then headed to a dressage show on saturday. We took fred and morris too! It was fun and between not being able to ride coming up to it and having the virus I was pretty pleased with Sams performance. He got a 71. something! and won the training level division! I was so proud of him. He even got an 8 on gaits. ( I think I should stop bragging about how awesome my pony is. he might start to get a complex!) Fred gets better and better every time he goes in ring. I cant say I blame him i think it would be hard to get 17+ hands all together in a small arena to! and morris was great as well winning the first level division! It was a fun filled day with the boys! and I finally felt back at home in the saddle. Now on to fixing all those bad habits I thought I had curbed that snuck back up on me during the break! o and finish some homework too.

No comments:

Post a Comment