Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ups and downs.

The past 2 weeks have gone by in seemingly about 5 seconds. First I was excited to get back to my ponies, which leads me to the up! I have an exciting new member to my team, his name is Ned and I got him off the track from the barn I gallop for. I like to think he picked me, I was totally in love from the first day I started there. Couldn't ride him at first, but once I did I rode him up until his race, which he showed no talent for, and the rest is well history. Ned has been living out and my plan is to start him back hacking after the end of show season.

September is always a bit of a rocky month for me, I lost my mom 12 years ago. Not a day passes that I am not reminded of how lucky and blessed I was to know her. If even for a short time. She inspires me to this day, and I could not be more grateful for that, and I know that somewhere she's watching over me (and has saved me more than once!) 

This weekend lena is off to middleburg to run the training, and hopefully its not a total mud pit!

No comments:

Post a Comment