Sunday, January 16, 2011

New year. new you? maybe.


I have been telling everyone. It's a new yr. you get to be a new you! I actually had very few resolutions this year. Come December I will share, for now I am going to make them a part of my everyday life, I even stuck to a few small things... well enough with new years resolutions.. on to exciting things.. like AIKEN!!! (and no I have not been counting down days or anything. it's 15 in case you were wondering)

With every winter comes many hours in the indoor, and then the packing, and then the migration. This year we have spent a large amount of time inside thanks to the snow, I am excited to get to Aiken and start up the spring show season. We have Morris entered at Pine Top II in Feb at Intermediate for his first run back. We are bringing 7 horses down with us. I for one am very excited to get to show North around down there. (and get him out of the indoor!) Which reminds me Mr. North is learning how to jump! I am extremely excited about the progress he has made in the 2 months I have had him. He is getting consitenet on the flat, he has even decided that he remembered how to canter on the left lead. Now he is trotting jumps. Baby horses are rewarding, now he can even trot 2 in a row. He will get to start going out schooling in Aiken and I hope to take him to some derbys and small shows.

While we have been stuck in the indoor we have been doing lots of jumping exercises to keep all the horses sharp! Baby Fred has been very entertaining in the snow. he loves eating it almost as much as he loves rolling in it. Mr. M even got to start jumping again. He wanted me to tell everyone that he would really just like to jump EVERY DAY! I told him that the circles were necessary. poor morris...

We have gotten a few new horses in for sale at Blue Clover Eventing. one is a young OTTB that I totally adore! If I had time for 2 I would grab him in a second. so check him out. We also have an adorable pony named giggles. She gets all the cute points and I even threatened North that he would be traded in (but then he magically remembered about that left lead!)

One thing I do promise to do this year is update more frequently and include pictures. and sometimes video.

Hopefully I will be seeing you down south. with a few less jackets on.



No comments:

Post a Comment